Thursday, August 22, 2013

It Was a Thrill

It was my great pleasure to represent everyone associated with the work of Schools Count Corp. as I was able to attend a Welcoming Party yesterday at Medgar Evers Elementary School in Chicago. Evers is but one of many CPS schools we provide with student and teacher supplies each fall. Principal Caroline Ellis hosted a great event. She had an audience of at least 150 people. Ms. Ellis introduced her staff, laid out goals for the year, asked parents to participate in the education of their children, established goals for the year, provided the kids and parents with some refreshments and gave the parents a tour of the school. I have to tell you, there was a genuine and positive buzz in the building; smiling faces of youngsters, eager staff, happy and engaged parents and an 'Evers unity' that was pervassive. It was great to be a small part of the day. Ms. Ellis was kind enough to introduce me to a most receptive audience. It was indeed an honor for me to meet so many fine people. At the conclusion of the reception a number of grateful parents personally approached me to thank me for assisting their children. To a person, each was effusive in their praise for the work of our charity. All I can say is...I wish you could have been there! Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School