Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Wonder

As I think about the many hard working and dedicated students, teachers, parents and administrators at possible targeted CPS schools that may be slated for closing next year, I ponder just how they are feeling right now knowing that they might be on the chopping block.

Indeed, this has probably been the situation for a number of schools for a number of years.  Talk about some tension, apprehension and more.  UGH!

I will tell you this...I have been in schools that have been closed or 'turned around' (meaning everyone was let go at year's end) and I have witnessed the tireless efforts to excel by all of the above named groups.  You might be surprised to learn that these people just go about their business of teaching and learning.

I wonder just how many CPS officials REALLY are aware of and understand the commitments made by these individuals.  I wonder if they REALLY 'get it.'  I wonder if they will take into account, aside from empty seats, the heartfelt dedication, grit, determination and progress made by teachers and students.

I wonder...

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School