Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Supporting Fuller Elementary

Hi Everyone,
Below is a copy of a letter I sent to all the members of the CPS Board of Education in support of Fuller Elementary School. I thought you might be interested in what we are doing to support the school. I will be sure to let you know of any communication, or CPS action, with regard to what the Board decides to do with Fuller.

Thanks, Dick

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Richard Flesher, President of the charity, Schools Count Corp. Our charity has been involved in assisting public schools in New Orleans, LA; Joplin, MO; Galveston, TX; Darbonne, Haiti; Cedar Rapids, IA and twenty eight Chicago Public Schools. Over the past two years our agency has brought tens of thousands of dollars worth of school supplies to those students most in need in the CPS system.

I am writing to you as a person who has assisted Fuller Elementary School and has an intimate knowledge of the school, the principal, the students and the staff. Over the past year I have made it a point to visit a number of classrooms at Fuller. I can report to you that the student body, over the past year, has made remarkable progress in many respects. The hallways are calm and quiet, the staff is working effectively, students are attentive and eager to learn, and Ms. Young has transformed the school into one with high expectations. It is a remarkable ‘about face’ from the 2010-2011 school year to the current one.

I believe if each of you were to visit the Fuller Elementary classrooms you would be stunned at the level of success I have alluded to in the previous paragraph. In fact, Ms. Young has already ‘turned around’ the school in significant ways. As you approach your task on earmarking schools to close or ‘turnaround,’ for the next school year, I would strongly encourage you to get into the classrooms at Fuller before you take any action. It will surely make your decision a more informed one. Many thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,


Richard Flesher
President, Schools Count Corp., NFP

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School