Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blogging Galore

I just noticed that I am about to write my 400th blog. There is nothing special about the number other than the fact that I have been at it for a few years. Perhaps that is what is noteworthy, the fact that the charity has been working to help improve conditions for a good period of time.

Therein may lie the answer, in part, to school reform and the larger issue of education. As educators, and those who support the enterprise, we have to keep at it for a sustained period of time.

From time to time I like to report on some of our ongoing efforts or reflect upon some current issues and trends. Often I examine, with great disgust, at what passes as school reform. For the most part I hope to have an uplifting story or experience that stems from the good work of Schools Count. Those stories are always a joy to blog about. This is what keeps all of us going, knowing the 'good' we bring to the lives of so many.

Our charity can't let up and we can't forgot those who are attending classes. Perhaps the students don't even know what awaits them in the years to come. That's more than likely.

I do know that if we stop bringing aid to those most in need then they will have a rough go of it. To be sure, poverty, an absence of opportunities, natural disasters and the like certain handicap a person and neighborhood.

As long as donors are generous, volunteers are giving of their time and energy and the need is there then the work of our charity and my occasional rants will continue. It is an honor to do so in your name.

Many thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School