Monday, November 22, 2010

A Personal Thanks

Thanksgiving Day is but a few days away and I want to reflect on some on my personal feelings regarding this traditional day of being thankful as it relates to Schools Count Corp.

As I pause to reflect upon the year and our work with school children in different corners of the country, as well as Haiti, I am left profoundly indebted to those of you who donate your time and energy, not to mention the monetary contributions, to the greater good of educating children.

I am gratified to see so many people out there who have a sense that the world can be a better place by working to make it so. I am always amazed to see volunteers step up to pick up supplies, pack boxes, load trucks and deliver supplies to schools. We are never short on labor.

For those many people who donate funds, your kindness is simply amazing and your willingness to commit money to ongoing projects, year after year, is truly incredible. Along these lines, I want to thank the many people who have run fundraisers for our charity. They are too numerous to mention but my admiration for your work is endless. Thank You!

To each of you, please know that I speak for our Board of Directors and the many students we serve when I say that you have done much to help those most in need. It is not hyperbole or 'back slapping' of any sort when I say that you have made a difference in the lives of so many. I have been told this by parents, teachers and school officials. To a person, they want you to know how very thankful they are for your generosity and concern for others.

So in the very spirit of Thanksgiving Day, and the season, please accept my thanks.

Sincerely,
Dick Flesher

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School