Friday, November 12, 2010

I Wonder

What must it be like to live in an environment where there is too much poverty, too little neighborhood security, and there is less support than a 3 year old, 7 year old or teenager really needs? Stop and think about it for a few moments. Really, I can't put my hands around it and honestly say how I would react to this type of daily life.

And because I can't really fathom how I would react to living under such circumstances, I am left only with various impressions and anecdotes relative to a young person going to school under these conditions.

There are three things I know for certain. First, I would never judge how a young boy or girl is managing such a situation since I don't really understand their daily lives. Second, I am more convinced than ever before that, with the right assistance, young people in such an environment are well worth assisting in order to overcome the above obstacles. Finally, Schools Count is totally committed to helping those who are struggling with many of the conditions that they had no part in creating.

I wonder...

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School