Friday, November 19, 2010

Dedicated to the Students we Serve

Last night was a special night for me, as President of Schools Count Corp, as the Illinois High School Soccer Assn. (IHSSCA) awarded me with its 'Man of the Year' award. I am truly grateful for the recognition of the work of those volunteers and donors, here at SCC, who toil on behalf of children in need. It is my pleasure to accept the award in the name of those we serve.

I am grateful for the honor though, at the same time, I'm left saddened by the sad truth that too many students go without some basic resources that are needed on a daily basis. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to have too little paper to write on or to be without basic organizers like folders and binders.

Isn't it funny that we tell children to focus, take school seriously and to study; yet, too often those students lack some basic tools which would enable them to get the most out of each class.

I accept this award on behalf of all those who support Schools Count Corp and the students we serve. I do so knowing that much remains to be done and we will redouble our efforts to enable those who attend school to get the best education possible.

Many thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School