Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Teacher Crisis - Wake Up!!

Yes, there is a teacher shortage nationwide.   And yes the shortage harms the students.   And yes, as the supply of competent teachers continues to diminish, the courses offered will be cut by school administration.   That's just a portion of the crisis.

Now, too often we can complain about a problem.    Well, I'm not about to leave it at that.    Here's what needs to take place and I mean NOW.    High schools need to implement a type of course called 'Invitation to Teach.'    There are a few of these nationwide and they ARE successful in terms of providing a pathway to get a degree in education followed by finding a job in teaching.

 In the words of a person I long respected [who only swore once in all the time I knew her] "people need to get off their asses."   Yes, high school boards of education and building administration need to make this a part of the curriculum if students decide to pursue such a career.

So, to anyone who follows my blogs, posts or tweets feel free to get this out to others.   BTW, feel free to use my name.   I'd love to have some dialogue with 'the powers that be.'

Thanks, Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School