Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Perspective on CPS

For those of you who follow my blog/facebook posts, yesterday I mentioned some of the many positive programs in the Chicago Public Schools system.   Terry Meyers, one of the many excellent colleagues I taught with at Hinsdale Central, after reading my post, had this to say about her experience as a substitute teacher.   It gets to the core of point that many wonderful things are taking place in the classroom.   This is Terry's own words...

 Terry Meyers

After I retired I subbed in CPS for 11 years, working in over a dozen schools. I was blown away by the consistent quality of instruction, the dedication of the teachers and administrators, and the wonderful kids. Stereotypes of poor schools are misleading at best.

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School