Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Makes Sense to Me

I know very little about the new Archbishop of Chicago, Blase Cupich, other than what I have read in the newspapers over the past month or so. But what I heard Cupich say in a Monday evening homily gave me pause as I reflect on the work of our charity.

My reflections on the Cupich homily comments don't have anything to do with religion. Out of his many insights, I found this one particularly poignant..."So many are left unconnected because of poverty spread across generations, racism or not having mentors to guide and inspire them." He continued, "Our aim should be to make sure everyone has a place at the table of life."

My sentiments exactly and they fit with the work of Schools Count.

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School