Monday, March 25, 2013

Here's the Deal

I am in the midst of gathering ISAT test scores (will publish tomorrow if I can ever quit deleting them!) and will publish them either later today or tomorrow.  The bottom line is this...Out of the 10 schools being closed, which we currently work with, 8 of them have shown an improvement in student test scores between 2010 and 2012!

Like I have said before, I recognize that there are empty desks.  But those students at the various schools to be closed, those who work hard to get ahead and fight on, despite various obstacles, are doing their very best in most cases.

Yeah, I can hear my critics now.  Well, if they are showing improvement where they attend school right now then they are bound to keep progressing.  Oh really?  Did you ever think that pulling them out of a familiar surrounding might just add one more obstacle to their advancement?  Put yourself in the place of the students and their parents.

There may be a moratorium on closings for a period of time but the closures won't permanately end.  The reason they won't end, as I have mentioned, is because the areas where the students have been moved to are still suffering from overall neglect.

Dick

  
  

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School