Saturday, April 17, 2010

Haiti Travels in Six Days!

In six short days I will make my first trip to Haiti since the devastating earthquake ravaged the country in January.  Like everyone else, I have seen the destruction on television and read various articles about the effects of the quake on the citizens.  Until I get there, though, I really won't know for certain about the very real heartache suffered by so many.

It is for this reason, that I don't have any idea of what to expect.  That 's probably good for a number of reasons.  I don't want to assume that recovery is too slow nor do I want to judge the government for acting indecisively.  I haven't lived here these past three months so I don't know what its like to find shelter, look for a job, scramble for food and water, and to otherwise simply live life.

On the other hand, I am excited to stay with John Engle at Haiti Partners and to visit with Maxandre Bien Aime the Principal at Institute Mixte Nao School in Darbonne, Haiti.  I'm eager to see the progress being made to rebuild the school, assess future needs and to visit with such resilient people.

I will arrive in Haiti on Friday, April 23rd and will stay in the country for four days.  If all goes well, I will post some live video during my stay.  I will certainly capture daily life via photos and will be sure to share them with you when I return to the states.

Thanks for all your help in the rebuilding of IMN!
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School