Monday, April 19, 2010

Four Days and Counting

That's right, just four days until I head to Haiti!! 

As I ready for the trip, not only packing my personal belongings but, taking some needed supplies from Kids4Good to the students at Institute Mixte Nao School I took a look at the upcoming weather forecast in Haiti.  The temps are suppose to range from 95 to 98 during my four day trip. 

This simply reminds me about what people on the ground are dealing with in the aftermath of the earthquake.  It one thing to deal with death, injuries, the loss of a home and job, and disease but throw in the rainy season, the upcoming hurricane season and these temperatures, it is a wonder that Haitians can even come close to forging ahead.

Sitting thousands of miles away, one can't fathom the very real hardship that Haitians are dealing with on a day to day basis.  This situation makes it all the more urgent to get to the island to assess conditions and to continue to find ways to help these people.

I continue to marvel at what Haitians and, in particular, Maxandre have done to reconstitute their lives and look forward to my visit.

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School