Friday, March 19, 2010

The Latest News from Haiti

I want to provide you with the progress underway at IMN in Darbonne, Haiti courtesy of Maxandre Bien-Aime the principal of the school.

Yesterday, Thursday, March 18th was a HUGE day as Maxandre and his staff welcomed students back to school!!  Following is a brief not of Maxandre:

"I'm very happy because this morning my student back to school.  It was very exciting for me.  I can't find the best word to thank all of you.  I learned a few stories from my students.  These stories are very sad.  They survived but they lost parents, sisters, and cousins, their houses collapsed, they failed and run...they falled and run, wow, very bad stories.  They want to thank you for your help and they are very appreciate the new space.  They are very enjoyed."

"Tomorrow they will draw some pictures or design."

Peace, Maxandre

No doubt Maxandre and his students are incredible people; resilient, forging ahead, wanting to better themselves and grateful for our help.  To those of you who continue support Schools Count, Haiti and IMN please accept my profound thanks.

Dick Flesher

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School