Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Haitian Voice!

To the left are some of the students, prior to the Jan. 12th earthquake, who attend Institute Mixte Nao in Darbonne, Haiti. Their hard working Director (Principal) is Maxandre.

Yesterday I received a brief email from Maxandre and I want to share it with you. Maxandre speaks both English and Creole. I have not translated Maxandre's words; rather, I left them as they were written. I think you will, nonetheless, get the warm sentiment he is expressing in his note.

"Thank you very much for your note and your nice words. I'm very happy to have you in my group of supporters. So students, staff and parents will happy to see you and touch, talk to you."

"They hope you will find the best way to help them to go to school."

"I learned you already sent a check to HP (Haiti Partners). Its wonderful. Thank you, thank you."

"We count to you."

Your best Maxandre

Whenever Maxandre writes me, though through an email, I still find that he is so full of hope and appreciativeness. Since you are the donors and volunteers in the effort to help rebuild IMN I wanted to share Maxandre's sentiments and feelings with you.

Thanks for all that you do!!
Dick Flesher

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School