Friday, December 21, 2012

Made my Day!

Everyone has had a day where some person, act, or event 'made their day.'  I had just one such day yesterday as I was delivering some holiday cheer, on behalf of Schools Count, to a family at Holmes Elementary School in Harvey, IL

Before providing some gifts to a family who had just lost their Father to cancer, the youngest daughter approached me, with a huge and warm smile, and politely gave me a sucker.   We hadn't done anything for the family, up to this point in time, but the little 1st grader made me feel like I was the one receiving a gift.

I will never forget this kindness nor meeting the family consisting of the Mother and three girls.  All they could say was 'thank you' and 'God Bless you.'  These sentiments were just as genuine and sincere as the sucker the girl gave me.

The gift she gave me will always be in my heart.  Yes, Mia made my day!

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School