Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Left to Ponder

Last night, as I waited for my flight from Atlanta to Chicago, I was left waxing about our very essence.  Perhaps it was a long layover or due to the fact that I had just spent some time visiting my ill mother in Florida.  Well, it doesn't really matter what got me thinking about such a question.

Are we simply here to earn a living, befriend others, be part of a family, 'get ahead' in the world or are we fated for events still unforeseen?  I was left watching workers hustle around Hartsfield-Jackson International, many, no doubt, making meager wages.  There were those who were cleaning the airport, most certainly when they couldn't find other work.  Still other people were 'wired to all sorts of technology, waiting their next flight.

We're all here but a short duration.  So, what difference do any of us make?  I believe any of the above events, occupations, pastimes or activities have great meaning if but one condition persists.  We add to society and give meaning to our existence and that of others if we can improve our human condition.  When all is said and done that may be what signifies our importance and very being.

Sure, I know this is all my opinion but I feel strongly about aiding others. 

It warms my heart to know that many of you, whatever you've done for Schools Count, have aided in the growth of our human condition.  I am certain that your participation in the work of our charity is part of the fabric of advancing the common good.  It's all part of why we are here.

Thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School