Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Help the Joplin schools!

Today, August 17th, is the first day of school for the children in Joplin, Missouri. It is a day of great accomplishment and celebration for the people of the city in light of the horrible destruction due to the May tornadoes.

This morning I talked with Andrea, a parent helper at the district office, who said that the need for supplies is still very great. I told her our charity is willing to pitch in and help them. Along with Kits 4 Kidz (one of our suppliers), who will pay for the shipping to Joplin, we will provide the schools with all sort of supplies.

Our charity will send supplies to the students of the various elementary and high schools prior to Labor Day. Though we have some funds to assist in the purchase of supplies, I am reaching out to you to see if you would like to make a special donation to this worthwhile cause. This is an appeal for any amount you wish to contribute. Kindly let me know the amount you wish to contribute no later than Thursday, August 18th at 9:00 pm. You can then mail a check to me payable to Schools Count Corp at your convenience. In the lower left hand corner of the check write 'Joplin Relief.' Please mail the check to Richard Flesher, 20048 S. Kohlwood Dr., Mokena, IL 60448. I will be sure to send you a tax deduction receipt for your contribution.

I will go to Joplin so that I can get first hand information (and photos) on the rebuilding of the schools and city. I am grateful for your consideration of this special effort to assist the children of Joplin. I appreciate the help.

Many thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School