Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Texas Update

My tech skills, more appropriately, my lack thereof, has prevented me from keeping you posted on some of our endeavors in Texas. A large shipment of school supplies is due to arrive at KIPP Connect either today or tomorrow. As soon as I get photos and confirmation I'll be sure to pass it along to one and all.

Yesterday I spoke with an individual with the Rockport, TX schools. If you'll recall this was the epicenter of Hurricane Harvey. To say that there is widespread devastation might be an understatement. To give you an idea of the carnage, the schools won't open until early October at the soonest.

Right now I can't ship anything to them!! Why? The schools are too damaged and there is literally NO place to store supplies. It looks like the district will contract to receive some 80 trailers to use as classrooms. Of course, locating the children (many of them with their families fled Rockport) to get them back in class will be problematic.

Thanks for your interest, support, patience and many donations.
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School