Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Congress and Dept. of Ed. Cuts

Since the Administration has proposed cutting at least seven Education Dept. programs I have been keeping an eye on the Congressional end of things to try to get an idea if House of Representatives will go along with these cuts or fight to preserve the various programs. Along the way, I have sent letters to the Ranking members of the House Education and the Workforce Committee, along with staffers, to describe the positive impact made by various initiatives.

I also have subscribed to receive the 'Weekly Wrap-Up' of the committees work. To date I have received no responses to my letters sent to Ms. Foxx and Mr. Scott nor have I heard from any of the staffers of the committee or the various subcommittees. Nothing in the weekly newsletters either.

I am left wondering just how far the committee will go to either agree with the cuts or put their foot down and demand that these education programs continue to be funded. Right now I'm not so sure anyone, from what I can tell, is stepping up to say that the cuts are draconian and can't be tolerated.

Stay tuned.

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School