Wednesday, December 10, 2014

He loved Education

Bruce Dansfelser was the first Assistant Principal I served with when I came to Hinsdale Central in 1979. I found Bruce to be an ally and a welcoming colleague. I never viewed Bruce as an adversary in any way, shape or form. He did his job and always treated me in a very professional manner. I had great respect for Bruce.

This morning I learned that Bruce passed away last week. I also learned that Bruce was an educator for life. Aside from his work at Proviso West where he coached, taught and ran the Key Club, Bruce carried on with many of the those types of responsibilities when he came to Hinsdale in 1970. Bruce remained at Central until 1988.

Little did I know that when Bruce returned to Indiana he continued his work in education. Bruce taught History and was a principal at two church schools during the period of 1988 to 2002. Not many people continue to work in the classroom into their 70's!! One need not even venture a guess as to why Bruce continued to stay in the hallways of learning.

I didn't count Mr. D as a friend; rather, our relationship was strictly based on how we interacted at HC. Bruce always gave me the straight scoop and treated me as a professional. Who could ask for more. Maybe it's now time to say...rest in peace, my friend.

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School