Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Public Schools

I was well on my way to get a cup of coffee and to add a second segment on the wonderful book I am reading entitled "How Children Succeed. Well, as I pondered the next couple of ideas I wanted to make in today's blog it suddenly occurred to me that I had a more pressing urge. That urge deals with the true meaning of public education.

There are selective schools, charters and other public school facilities that aren't really part of the normal neighborhood school. What really irks me is the fact that every darn school in this country ought to be 'selective' in the sense that it has an unbelievable faculty, great facilities (for the most part) and so very many rich programs.

Every public school in every corner of this country ought to have all the tools that selective schools have at their disposal. To ignore making every school 'selective' is to ignore the growth of children. Creating 'selectives' merely says that some students count and that other students count for less. That is the message whether people like it or not. Just a different form of discrimination!!

Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School