Thursday, August 30, 2012

Seven Years Later

Seven years to the day, yet another hurricane has hit New Orleans and the surrounding area.  Scant coverage of this disaster has taken place other than on the Weather Channel.  To my knowledge no breaches of levees has taken place in the Lower Ninth, Gentilly, or other areas within Orleans Parish.

There has been considerable damage in such places as Plaquemines Parish, Jefferson Parish and many parts of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  Biloxi, Waveland, Bay St. Louis and Gulfport are but some of the affected cities in MS.  I will try to get a better assessment of the damages to these areas and pass them along to you.

I am well aware that people were pulled from rooftops yesterday and that the situation is far from stable.  Some levees, other than the ones repaired, have been topped.  Flooding is a huge problem and with a lack of power in many part of the NOLA area, one understands that pumps won't be able to operate. 

I can report that our good friend Cheryllyn Branche is safe though she has some damage to her home.  I have not been able to get ahold of Marcel and Marva Scott in Gentilly but when I do I will pass along our best wishes.

At this point, because I don't have a complete report, I am not sure of our involvement, if any, in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac.  If we have the opportunity to assist these good people I will be sure to get in touch with you.

Thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School