Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Exciting Events

There are two exciting and entertaining events taking place within the next week that have much to do with the ongoing work of Schools Count Corp.

First of all, Sarah Schuessler, a senior at Hinsdale Central High School is performing in a Cappella Concert at the First Congregational Church in Glen Ellyn, IL. on Sunday, May 16th. The concert is free to the general public and will take place from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Anyone attending is free to make a donation should they so desire. Sarah, and the rest of the cappella singers, have designated Schools Count Corp as the recipient of any contributions made on the day of the concert. Sarah, like the rest of the Schuessler Family have long been supporters of the work of Schools Count and I am indebted to Sarah for her continuted work on behalf of children in need.

Recently, I had the good fortune of traveling to Haiti to assess the progress being made on the rebuilding of IMN School in Darbonne, Haiti. I took a number of photos and videos of the school, and surrounding area, and want to share my experiences with you. I will be making a powerpoint presentation on my April 23-26 travels on the evening of Monday, May 17th from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm in the Hinsdale Central High School student cafeteria. The presentation is open to the public and there is no admission. There will be plenty of time for questions. I think you will find the talk and visuals to be eye-opening. As cameras and some of the non-profits have left the island, a good deal is taking place that goes unreported. Should you attend, please be so kind as to let me know by contacting me at rich219@comcast.net.

I look forward to seeing you at one or both of these events.

Many thanks,
Dick

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School