Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Silent Auction Bidding Goes On

As I was getting ready to post the bids on the Haitian paintings it occurred to me that I ought to post the guidelines for the bidding on the blog. I will provide those after I list the bids as of 1:00 pm on Tuesday, December 21st.

Painting #1: $110.00 Painting #6: $50.00
Painting #2: $100.00 Painting #7: $75.00
Painting #3: $75.00 Painting #8: $50.00
Painting #4: $75.00 Painting #9: $100.00
Painting #5: $100.00 Painting #10: $50.00

In less than one month, Jan. 12th, 2011, the 1st anniversary of the Haitian earthquake will be at hand. In the spirit of continuing to assist Haitians, SCC is holding a silent auction on ten pieces of authentic Haitian artwork purchased in Haiti by Schools Count Corp in November. All proceeds of the silent auction will benefit IMN School in Darbonne as they work to complete the third phase of rebuilding. We paid $28 for each painting. The opening bid is $40 per painting. Should you want to participate in the auction, simply make your bid by emailing it to me at rich219@comcast.net. You need only to note two things in your bid, the amount and the number assigned to the painting you are bidding on. I will update the bidding, through the SCC company blog, every couple of days so that you can follow the bidding. Simply go to http://www.schoolscountcorp.blogspot.com/ to check on bidding. By the way, if you are outbid on a painting I will email you to let you know. The paintings are shown in great detail if you scroll down on the blog. The final bid on all painting is Jan. 12th at 9:00 pm.

Aside from acquiring a wonderful piece of art, you will receive a tax deduction for the difference between the purchase price and what you paid for the painting should you have the highest bid. So, if a winning bid is $110 then you would acquire the painting as well as getting a tax deduction for $82 ($110 - $28). All sales are final. Payment is by check only, payable to Schools Count Corp. Arrangements will be made, agreeable to both SCC and the winner bidder, regarding delivery.

All of the paintings are on canvas and are not framed. I did have an Art teacher examine the paintings to determine the type of media used. All of the paintings are signed though some are simply initialed as I have noted. Some of the artist signatures are difficult to read and I have done my best to represent them to the best of my ability.

Please accept my thanks for your interest in the silent auction!
Dick Flesher

No comments:

Girls Singing at IMN

Classes Singing at IMN

IMN School Opens

Driving into Port Au Prince

IMN School Welcome

Tour of IMN School

IMN School